Read the latest news and views from Auto Stewardship New Zealand.
- Long road to national tyre recycling scheme has paid offIt’s been a long road – some 10 years – since the Tyrewise project kicked off, but all that work, and patience, has come to fruition.
- NZ’s tyre recycling scheme preparing for 2023 startNew Zealand’s first nationwide regulated product stewardship scheme for recycling used tyres is expected to start operating in 2023.
- Auto Stewardship NZ celebrates regulated tyre stewardshipMedia release Auto Stewardship New Zealand (ASNZ) is celebrating the accreditation of New Zealand’s first regulated product stewardship scheme for vehicles. This comes after Minister for the Environment David Parker yesterday (4 November) announced the accreditation ofContinue reading “Auto Stewardship NZ celebrates regulated tyre stewardship”
- Scrappage plan needs substantial incentives according to MTAThe Motor Trade Association (MTA) has outlined details of a scrappage scheme to get greener and safer cars onto our roads and reduce the average age of the fleet. Its proposals include offering consumers up to $2,500Continue reading “Scrappage plan needs substantial incentives according to MTA”
- Tyre industry pumped by Government announcementTYREWISE MEDIA RELEASE Dumping and stockpiling of tyres will become a thing of the past after they were today (29 July) declared a priority product under the Waste Minimisation Act 2008, according to the industry-led Tyrewise project.Continue reading “Tyre industry pumped by Government announcement”